Knowledgeable Indiana OWI (DUI/DWI) Attorneys
Defending Elkhart-area clients against criminal prosecution
Throughout Indiana, law enforcement officials have been cracking down on drunk driving offenses. Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of license, higher insurance costs, heavy fines and jail time. Sean I. Schill & Associates has the knowledge necessary to overcome the evidence against you and the ability to help you attain the best possible outcome.
Committed to helping clients
Our OWI attorneys understand that good people can make mistakes. We strive to satisfy our clients’ emotional, financial and legal needs by zealously representing your interests at every turn. Our attorneys are knowledgeable about the complexity of Indiana OWI laws, and we analyze every aspect of your case — from the initial traffic stop to breathalyzer tests — to build your defense. We know what the prosecution needs to get a conviction, so we vigorously challenge the evidence against you. Our OWI attorneys work hard to make sure that you get the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
What to do if you are stopped
- If you have been pulled over by the police, there are several ways that you can help yourself.
- Remain calm. Police officers can interpret nervousness in your voice as a sign that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Whether you have consumed alcohol or not, remaining calm is a good way to ensure that police officers do not question your sobriety.
- Always have a clean center console or glove box. Fumbling through these compartments to find your registration or insurance can be misinterpreted as intoxication. Keeping the glove box or center console neat and clean allows you to swiftly grab your identification and present it to a police officer.
- Do not consent to a search of the car. Any evidence found in your car could be used to support a DUI conviction, so do not allow the officer to perform a search.
- Many defendants have been found not guilty due to a malfunctioning breath analyzing machine or an improperly administered blood or urine test.
- Contact an OWI attorney immediately.
Contact Sean I. Schill & Associates today for a consultation.
If you have been arrested for OWI, you need a qualified defense attorney who has the knowledge and experience to help you win. Call Sean I. Schill & Associates today at 574-343-2118 or contact us online to set up a free consultation 24/7.